Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
You will be part of a team that is leading innovation in the VR/AR enterprise space by utilizing what is great about the game industry, while shedding some of its negative aspects. We do not crunch, our salaries are more competitive, our projects generally have shorter development cycles, and we do not layoff teams after projects are completed.
Everyone on the team is self-motivated, has a positive attitude, and great interpersonal skills. Our projects are driven by innovation, not by necessity. If you are interested in a career where your hard work is always noticed and appreciated among a team of true professionals, then this is the place for you.
Senior VR Developer @ Fjord
• Work on interesting, challenging projects that have high visibility and impact
• Collaborate with the entire team, providing creative input and technical feasibility
• Communicate and collaborate with other departments on technology solutions
• Perfectly balance pragmatism and idealism when solving technical challenges and meeting deadlines
• Collaborate with development leads to define software architecture for multiple projects running in parallel
• Identify and escalate potential issues before they become issues
• Review specifications, make technical estimates, and draft technical documents for projects of all sizes
• Serve as technical point of contact for projects’ clients or product owners
• Understand and optimize performance
• Advise and mentor other AR/VR developers
• Help interview all levels of AR/VR developer candidates, evaluate them technically and for culture fit, and articulate feedback about them
• Help define best practices for coding and software design
• Help plan and deliver technical training content for the department
• Continuously suggest improvements for the development organization
• Attend, participate in, and host the various technical training activities held in the department
• Minimum 5 years’ professional software development experience
• Minimum 2 years’ AR/VR development experience
• Ability to take a development project and start it from scratch
• Strong positive attitude (during the good and during the bad)
• Able to thrive in a nimble work environment
• Expert in time management, multitasking, and task prioritization
• Project management tools, such as JIRA
• Has solid understanding of other platforms
• Unity 5.0+
• Game design
• Linear algebra
• 3D art pipeline
• Current VR hardware
• VR UI and UX best practices
• Agile methodologies
• Code management using Git
Bonus Experience with:
• Unreal Engine 4.0+
• Unity editor modifications
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!