Fjord is structured around innovation and pushing the boundaries of service and interface design. As Service Design Lead (SDL) at Fjord, you will be the cornerstone of the agency and directly responsible for the creative quality and innovation of the projects you are overseeing, as well as client and team satisfaction.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Oversee the planning, scheduling and tracking of project timelines and milestones by the Project Manager, ensuring on time and on budget delivery of work.
- Be responsible for the quality of all deliverables across a variety of projects.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch points of the service. Pull together all aspects of service design offered by Fjord.
- Create “focused innovation” that balances the client’s business needs whilst meeting their goal of differentiation.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design techniques, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem.
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with the Project Manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to each team member at the start and for the duration of each project.
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
- Manage different teams in parallel and engage with freelancers and staff from other Fjord offices enlisted to support the project team when required.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
Successful candidates should be:
- With 5-7 years’ experience delivering service design solutions for various clients.
- Experienced in being highly accountable for design quality and project delivery.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders.
- Ahands-on designexpert,shaping theconcept andseeing itthroughtodetailed designandimplementationacrossavarietyofdevicesandplatforms.
- A strong storyteller
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
- Fluency in English and Cantonese. Mandarin speaking is an extra asset.
How to apply
Please send your CV & current portfolio with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs without a portfolio will not be considered.