Fjord is structured around innovation and pushing the boundaries of service and interface design. The Service Design Lead (SDL) takes a central role in the delivery of projects. The SDL is directly responsible for the design management, quality and innovation of the projects they are overseeing, as well as client and team satisfaction.
The SDL oversees and takes responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of projects such as external client projects, pitches and internal development projects, and is the cornerstone of the studio.
Key tasks and responsibilities include :
- As the creative lead, be responsible for the quality of all deliverables across a variety of projects;
- Be a hands-on design expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms;
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touchpoints of the service. Pulling together all aspects of service design offered by Fjord;
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at internal company meetings, brainstorms and external design events;
- Encourage innovative approaches to design techniques, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem;
- Foster innovation that balances the client’s business needs whilst meeting their goal of differentiation;
- Create design briefs based on project proposals and client feedback;
- Be opinionated and hungry to discuss the design being done within and outside Fjord;
- Knowledge of how user research should be integrated into a project and a good understanding of all the other skill sets and expertise within Fjord;
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
- Analyze and respond to client briefs in a timely manner;
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders;
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle;
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
- Seek out, identify and respond to new business opportunities;
- Team facing:
- Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to each team member at the start and for the duration of each project;
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team;
- Instil project teams with confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting client deadlines;
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support;
- Engage with freelancers and staff from other Fjord offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required;
- Manage different teams in parallel;
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Assist business developers plan and schedule projects;
- Assist project managers track project progress, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of work;
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Work with the Program Manager and other SDLs to engage the most appropriate skill sets on each project;
- Contribute to and participate in post-project reviews;
- Contribute to the development of best practices and tools for project execution and management;
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
Required background and Skills:
- A proven positive and motivational leader
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- Ability to elicit cooperation from others
- Structured and organized approach to work but with the ability to be flexible when necessary, performing other role-related duties when required;
- Planning and analytical skills are essential;
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines;
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation;
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- An effective decision maker;
- Keen to seek out opportunities to promote Fjord externally;
- A willingness to travel and work overseas is essential.
- Significant overseas experience either studying or working in design, outside your home country.
- Fluent written and verbal French and English
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio via email to email@example.com. Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address, contact phone number and attach your CV and cover letter.