Service Design Lead
Location: London (flexible)
Career Level: Manager
At Fjord, service design is at the heart of our design process. Our Service Designers are a diverse and passionate team of strategic, empathetic thinkers who envision and craft services based on deep understanding of customer needs.
The Service Designer contributes to activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and service definition. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating services that make a difference.
The Service Design Lead owns leads the delivery of service design projects, managing multi-disciplinary teams of designers and is responsible for the quality of project deliverables. They are someone who is both hands on, delivery project work but also comfortable providing design leadership and managing client relationships. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating services that make a difference.
As a team, we:
- Bring together research, design, business and technology to shape the services of the future.
- Use insight to drive our strategic thinking and place the human at the centre of what we do.
- Work collaboratively with our teams and clients.
- Nurture a new generation of talented design practitioners.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use design theory and practice to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
As a Service Design Lead, you will:
- Provide creative leadership for multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring high quality results.
- Lead the use of design research techniques to uncover customer needs and pain points.
- Understand, analyse and map complex journeys and processes.
- Lead the development of service concepts, blueprints and other service design artefacts.
- Establish and manage client relationships.
- Represent service design in new business development efforts from proposal development to pitch meetings.
- Extend the craft and share the practice across the studio and beyond.
- Be a line manager for service designers in the team.
- Relevant experience in service design or related role such as user experience design or design research
- Experience in a management role leading multi-disciplinary teams to produce coherent and effective design solutions
- Passionate about service design creating human-centred services.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging service design tools and methods.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in running online and offline workshops.
- Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
- Accustomed to working collaboratively with clients and cross-functional team members.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience with user experience design tools and methods such as creating screen flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Experience with quantitative research methodologies and drawing insights from data.
- Comfort with ambiguity yet unstoppable drive to create order out of chaos.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes up to 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!