What you’ll do:
- As the creative lead, be responsible for the quality of all deliverables across a variety of projects.
- Be a hands-on design expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service. Pulling together all aspects of service design offer by Fjord.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at client meetings, internal company meetings, brainstorms and external design events.
- Encourage innovative approaches to design techniques, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem.
- Create “focused innovation” that balances the client’s business needs while meeting their goal of differentiation.
- Create design briefs based on project proposals and client feedback.
- Be opinionated and hungry to discuss the design being done within and outside Accenture Federal Interactive.
- Have an understanding of how user research should be integrated in to a project and a good understanding of all the other skill sets and expertise within Accenture Federal Interactive, including Business Design, Business Development and Brand Marketing.
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
- Have a strong commercial awareness.
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Impeccable personal time management.
- Planning and analytical skills are essential.
- Analyze and respond to client briefs in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with the Program Manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify and alert the Program Managers to potential crises, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- Seek out, identify and respond to new business opportunities.
- Alongside the Program Manager, identify, analyze and resolve risk.
- Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to each team member at the start and for the duration of each project.
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team.
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting client deadlines.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
- Engage with freelancers and staff from other offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required.
- Manage different teams in parallel.
Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Alongside the Program Manager, develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Work with the Program Manager and other Service Design Leads to engage the most appropriate skill sets on each project.
- Contribute to and participate in project debrief reviews.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- 6 years delivering interface design solutions for various clients as well as strong leadership & hands on experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship
- Experience being highly accountable for design quality and project delivery
- Experience with concepting and ideation
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills
- Experience of iterative prototyping
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!