We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
As a Fjordian, you will unite and inspire designers to create world-class work, elevate service design in the world, and change the way our clients do business by harnessing the power of service design in the products they create. You’re curious, self-motivated, and believe in the power of team play. You’re passionate about the design craft and finding simplicity in a complex world.
Service design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers empathize with customers, identify their needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Our designers work collaboratively with interdisciplinary design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way.
As Service Lead, you will be responsible for leading all kinds of service design projects and teams across accounts, supporting conceptual development, overall direction, and delivery of design artifacts.
You will have a strong appreciation for visual, interaction or business design, the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and an effortless presentation style that owns and sells pitches.
As a Service Design Lead, you…
- Are responsible for creative leadership on your projects, across all dimensions and disciplines and you ensure quality in everything you and your team delivers.
- Can visualize great ideas that engage and inspire clients and users.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Partner with colleagues in other disciplines to ensure that project expectations, parameters, and process are mutually understood and met, and that the solution meets creative, strategy, program objectives, and technology strategy and requirements.
- Collaborate with the client to define needs, business objectives, and brand goals to inform insightful concepts while enhancing others’ knowledge and understanding of the client’s brand, consumer, and competitive landscape.
- Understand and drive Service Design strategy, including business and user centered processes. Translate learnings and discoveries into an experience system and digital touchpoints.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador as well as act as a Thought Leader for the team and outside the organization on behalf of Fjord.
- 7+ years of design experience.
- Education or work experiences in strategic service design is preferred.
- High proficiency in German and English.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment.
- Proven history managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
- Mastery of digital design tools like Sketch, Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
When applying, please attach your CV and portfolio showcasing your digital work. We are interested in not only seeing your solutions but also your conceptual problem-solving skills and how your design work has an impact on digital experiences. We ask that your CV and portfolio is in English.
Any questions? Please send an email to [email protected] or call us at 00800 45045045.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online application form.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!