We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Service Design Lead
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our Service & Interaction Designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers, and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Service Design Lead owns Service Design as a discipline on projects and accounts and contributes to the practice at the studio level, sharing responsibility for the Service Design team across all studio accounts. On projects, you’ll support and provide oversight on all aspects of Service Design, as well as leading Service Design activities on our most ambitious projects. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Create outstanding service designs for our clients and their customers.
- Own the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a Service Design Lead, you:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Collaborate with our user research and business design teams to understand user and business needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful service experiences.
- Lead the practice of Service Design at a project level. Extend the craft and share practice across the studio and beyond.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance for those in your project and line management team.
- Create communication artifacts that define service design as a practice within the studio.
- Establish and manage client relationships.
- Publish articles, books, and other media on behalf of Fjord.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience at a design or consulting firm.
- 4+ years leadership/management experience.
Set yourself apart:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Advanced ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Extensive knowledge of rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!