At Fjord, service design is at the heart of our design process. Our Service Designers are a diverse and passionate team of strategic, empathetic thinkers who envision and craft services based on deep understanding of customer needs.
The Service Designer contributes to activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and service definition. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating services that make a difference.
As a team, we:
- Bring together research, design, business and technology to shape the services of the future.
- Are innovative and creative.
- Know how to conduct a research project, prototype ideas, deliver good user experiences.
- Work collaboratively with our teams and clients.
- Nurture a new generation of talented design practitioners.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use design theory and practice to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
As a Service Designer, you will:
- Use design research techniques to uncover customer needs and pain points.
- Understand, analyze, and map complex journeys and processes.
- Synthesize data from multiple-perspectives, interpret it in new, relevant and actionable ways, and identify patterns to drive creative direction and opportunity and solution development.
- Support the development of experience maps, user journeys, process maps and service blueprints.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team members and clients.
- Have strong communication skills and be confident presenting and defending your design decisions.
- Drive service design activities on projects, including collaborative workshops, brainstorming, co-design activities within the team, as well as with clients and project partners.
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Relevant experience in service design or related roles such as user experience design or design research.
- Passionate about service design creating human-centered services.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging service design tools and methods.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (FR / EN).
- Experience in running online and offline workshops.
- Accustomed to working collaboratively with clients and cross-functional team members.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience producing user experience design deliverables such as screen flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Experience quantitative research methodologies and drawing insights from data.
- Comfort with ambiguity yet unstoppable drive to create order out of chaos.
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners about design methodologies and artifacts.
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!