Service and Interaction Designer
How can we revolutionize the way the world works and lives? How can we use emerging technologies to improve human life and experience? These are some of the questions we’re grappling with at The Dock, Accenture’s multi-disciplinary research and incubation hub in Dublin. Technology, design and business experts investigate, imagine and bring new ideas to life. Our designers at The Dock are part of Fjord, a global design and innovation consultancy. We bring the human to the heart of the solution, asking how technology augments and impacts people’s lives.
We are looking for an Interaction Designer to join our Fjord design team in The Dock. The right candidate is someone who can take abstract concepts and craft compelling design propositions – in collaboration with a diverse team of design, technology and business experts. You are a team player who brings a diverse skillset to the table. You are passionate about emerging technologies and their potential to change how we live and work. You are also pro-active and hands on in your approach and are comfortable collaborating with software and analytics teams to build compelling and engaging proof of concept prototypes.
As an Interaction Designer, you:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Understand Interaction Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Tell an engaging story and clearly communicate design solutions, conceptual ideas and design rationale (both verbally and visually).
- Can quickly sketch ideas, to assess viability and align team on a vision.
- Translate abstract ideas into tangible, engaging experiences that help internal teams and clients learn.
- Consistently push yourself the boundaries of your design craft to explore emerging areas such as artificial intelligence, voice and mixed reality.
- Partner with design, technology, and project management to ensure the project meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products, experiences and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Set yourself apart:
- Digital design portfolio with examples of work that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Proficiency of standard design and prototyping applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision).
- Ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead.
- Ability to speak comfortably and professionally in client presentations.
- 2-3 years of design experience, preferably at a digital agency (graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective Service & Interaction Design ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work.
Please note, as part of all designer recruitment processes, we’ll require a portfolio of your relevant work in order to consider your application. Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or attach an additional document with samples of your work.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!