Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Service & Interaction Designer @ Fjord
• Contributes to sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases.
• Create light weight specifications and style guides to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
• Work directly design leads to design end-to-end experiences
• Contribute to the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, program management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
• Participate in and contribute to Project Debriefs.
• 3+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, preferably mobile devices, rich web apps/site, interactive TV within the media, and telecommunications industries.
• Some knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
• Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flex, Visio.
• Some knowledge of a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
• Some knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies Flex, Ajax, Flash, DHTML, CSS, scripting, and various other technologies a plus
• Some knowledge of design process
• Ability to cope with stress
• Must be organized, analytical, and dynamic
• A passion for design and people
• 50% travel flexibility – more or less depending on project; candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires.
• Seek out opportunities for self-development.
• Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
• Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
• Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
• Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
• Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!