Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich
We are looking for a Service & Interaction Designer to join one of our Studios in Germany and Austria (Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich).
At Fjord, Design is at the heart of everything we do. We make people’s lives better by creating meaningful digital and physical products, services, and experiences they love. Our work is driven by a multidisciplinary, diverse, and inclusive team of designers that love creating immersive and compelling experiences.
As a designer, you will help our team to enable change and transformation into our client’s ecosystem and culture by bringing your creativity, expertise, and knowledge into our work.
We daily foster our culture, and we are looking not only for a designer but most importantly for a human being that can enrich our journey as a team. Being part of Accenture provides lots of opportunities to specialize and innovate. There is no other company in the world with so many different disciplines, technologies, services and types of clients and when you combine design with such a broad variety of opportunities, the results are limitless.
- 1+ or 2+ years of service and interaction design experience in a design studio, creative consultancy, or product company.
- A good understanding of human-centered design, service design, design thinking methodologies, and the confidence to use different methods and approaches within a design process.
- Confidence in using a variety of visual and interactive prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Framer, etc.) and the experience of creating low and high-fidelity prototypes at speed.
- The skills and the structure to start from the “big picture,” understand the complexity of a challenge, identify the problem to solve, and translate ideas into solutions, design artifacts, concepts, prototypes, and tangible outcomes.
- Strong English (German is a plus) written and verbal skills.
- Storytelling skills and good communication skills to “sell” and explain the design work to stakeholders.
- Visual storytelling and presentation skills.
- Passion in collaborating with people, without ego, driving design decisions in a calm, positive and participative way.
Bonus points if…
- You have a bachelor’s and/or master’s and/or equivalent degree in Design, New Media, Service Design, HCD, Interaction Design, Architecture.
- You have passion for or experience in sustainability, diversity, future and speculative design, life and planet-centered design, or anything that can have a positive impact on society and our planet.
- You understand simple technology and code and what it takes to prototype interactions across different media.
- You understand interaction design in the context of hardware prototyping (e.g., Arduino, basic electronics, sensors and actuators, 3D printing, etc.)
- You are familiar with augmented and virtual reality prototyping tools and workflows (e.g., 3D design, Blender, etc.).
When applying, please share…
- Your CV and a strong portfolio that demonstrates your design work. Please, in your portfolio, point us to a selected set of projects that you are proud of and that fits the description above. Remember, we do seek quality, not quantity.
- Mention to which city or studio you would like to apply for and be located at (Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich).
- We are currently moving to a Hybrid work model.
What does Fjord offer you?
- Culture is our priority. You will work in a team of talented designers with the unlimited possibility to “learn by doing.”
- Diversity and Inclusion are part of our DNA, we come from more than 25 nationalities, and you will have the opportunity to bring your identity, personality, and unique voice to our team.
- You are empowered to shape your design path with the support and coaching from experienced and seasoned designers.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a wide spectrum of design challenges and industries.
- You are part of a well-connected design community of thousands of Fjordians spread across more than 40 studios around the globe.
- We provide benefits such as access to company pension, JobRad, Gympass and an individual training budget.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!