At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As a Visual Designer, you’ll be accountable for concepts, strategies, and visual design artifacts at the project level.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a designer, you:
- Manage design activities at the project level.
- Facilitate communication across teams to ensure alignments and efficiencies.
- Balance user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints with design.
- Participate in workshops, conferences, and other studio activities.
- Define visual design needs for projects, while sharing your Pantone mood of the day.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Required Background and Skills:
We expect the successful Visual Design Candidates to have 2 to 5 years experience of delivering interface design solutions for various clients. The candidate must thrive working in a collaborative team environment.
- 2+ years knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, preferably mobile devices, rich web apps/site, interactive TV within the media, telecommunications, and broadband industries.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- Have a strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- Have a natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies and various other technologies a plus
- Knowledge of design process and project management
- Ability to cope with stress
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must be organised, analytical, and dynamic
- Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline
- A passion for design and people
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
- Works collaboratively and curiously.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly.
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
- Develops and maintains open honest and trusting relationships.
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required.
- Fluent in English.
- A willingness to travel overseas.
Being part of a team..
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!