Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture Interactive, we’re able to do work that changes the world and Fjord is always looking for kindred spirits. Digital is no longer the centerpiece of brand experience; the emphasis is shifting onto how best to use it as an invisible enabler of physical and sensory experiences. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world.
We are a family of Fjordians, our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way.
As Visual Design Lead, you’ll be responsible for the Visual Design team across accounts, supporting conceptual development, overall direction, and delivery of visual design artifacts. You’ll have a strong appreciation for interaction design, the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and an effortless presentation style that owns and sells pitches.
Unleash the Fjordian inside because you are…
- Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business creating service at scale
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design and delivery
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Advance Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Partner with colleagues in other disciplines to ensure that project expectations, parameters, and process are mutually understood and met, and that the solution meets creative, strategy, program objectives, and technology strategy and requirements.
- Collaborate with the client to define needs, business objectives, and brand goals to inform insightful concepts while enhancing others’ knowledge and understanding of the client’s brand, consumer, and competitive landscape.
- Lead client presentations.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Publish articles, books, and other media on behalf of Fjord.
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to:
- 7+ years of working and conceptual knowledge of cross platform design -all touch points within the service experience: Mobile/Tablet; Web – responsive and mobile friendly; Kiosk – touchscreens/display screens that can be interactive or static
- 3+ years of experience in standard design and presentation applications such as Sketch, InVision, the Adobe Suite, Keynote.
- Candidate must possess a digital design portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience
- Exemplary design sensibility and command of standard design applications (i.e. Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote). Experience with Adobe XD, video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Demonstrated expert creative problem-solving skills to help establish a look and feel for a given project, evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, think, and respond quickly while delivering unexpected, original, and innovative ideas.
- Proven ability to maintain attention to detail across project deliverables; management of version control issues.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment.
- Proven history managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!