At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As Visual Design Lead, you’ll be responsible for the Visual Design team across accounts, supporting conceptual development, overall direction, and delivery of visual design artifacts. You’ll have a strong appreciation for interaction design, the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and an effortless presentation style that owns and sells pitches.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a Visual Design Lead, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Advance Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Partner with colleagues in other disciplines to ensure that project expectations, parameters, and process are mutually understood and met, and that the solution meets creative, strategy, program objectives, and technology strategy and requirements.
- Collaborate with the client to define needs, business objectives, and brand goals to inform insightful concepts while enhancing others’ knowledge and understanding of the client’s brand, consumer, and competitive landscape.
- Lead client presentations.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Publish articles, books, and other media on behalf of Fjord.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Set yourself apart:
- Exemplary design sensibility and command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision). Experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Exemplary digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work for mid-to-large clients that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Demonstrated expert ability to provide feedback/direction to design team members in order to ensure the satisfactory generation of multiple design explorations per project needs.
- Ability to present in a clear, compelling, and charismatic way to clients and the public.
- Expert ability to define creative direction for work across accounts and drive teams to the successful creation of high-quality work product.
- Significant design experience, experience in a senior/lead role at a digital agency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
How to apply
Please send your CV, Coverletter & Portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address and contact phone number
Your details will be shared with Accenture as part of the recruitment process.