Fjord is a service design consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
At Fjord, Visual designers work collaboratively as a key part of our UX team to identify specific user/client needs and engage in ideating/evaluating initial concepts. Designers are expected to consider the project from a high level and how it fits in to an overall service, but also consider the fine details of User Interface components, labels, and flows to help users achieve their goals. The role of a visual designer is to approach project challenges with a focus on interpreting/developing the client’s brand whilst also communicating our clients’ message in an engaging and creative way. Designers must be able to apply and communicate solid rationale as part of their creative process and at all times execute to the highest standards.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward ground-breaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a Visual Designer, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give design feedback.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Partner with design, technology, and project management to ensure the project meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Design (and begin to direct others to design) mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards. May also contribute content to decks.
- Gather deliverables into client-ready presentations.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
- 3-6 years of design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
Set yourself apart:
- Advanced command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Advanced digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Advanced understanding of delivery methodologies.
- Advanced ability to utilize feedback/direction to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs.
- Ability to speak comfortably and professionally in client presentations.
- Fluency in English and Cantonese. Mandarin speaking is an extra asset.
How to apply
Please send your CV & current portfolio with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs without a portfolio will not be considered.