We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As a Visual Designer, you’ll be accountable for concepts, strategies, and visual design artifacts at the project level.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a Visual Designer, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give design feedback.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Work closely with design, technology, and project management to ensure the design meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Design mood boards, comps, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards under direction of the project’s Creative Lead.
- Share in client presentations, as appropriate and assigned.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
- 2+ years of design experience, preferably at a digital agency (graduate-level study may count toward 1+ years of professional experience).
Set yourself apart:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
- Intermediate command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Strong digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work that demonstrate conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Intermediate awareness of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile.
- Ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead.
- Ability to speak professionally in client presentations.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!