At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As Senior Visual Designer, you’ll define concepts, establish strategies, and manage the delivery of visual design artifacts at the account level.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Master Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Attend and give feedback in interviews for prospective candidates.
- Present creative concepts and designs and communicate rationale to the team.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Support the role of the Creative Strategic Lead in client relationships, as appropriate and assigned.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Set yourself apart:
- Expert command of standard design and presentation applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Exceptional digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work for mid-to-large clients that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead (and ensure junior staff do the same).
- Experience in directing and motivating project teams, mentoring junior resources, inspiring teamwork and driving a team toward a great creative product.
- Growing ability to build strong relationships with high-level clients.
- 5-7 years of design experience, 2+ years in a senior/lead role at a digital agency; graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!