FJORD ROLE DESCRIPTION: VISUAL DESIGN
Associate Visual Designer
At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As an Associate Visual Designer, you’ll contribute to concepts, strategies, and visual design artifacts at the project level.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As an Associate Visual Designer, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Learn Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give design feedback.
- Assist with the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Work with design, technology, and project management to ensure the design meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Contribute design to mood boards, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards under specific direction from the project’s Creative Lead.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Set yourself apart:
- Practical command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Strong student, freelance, or comparable digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work.
- Practical awareness of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile.
- Ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead.
- Basic understanding of technical and cross-platform implications (strengths and limitations of individual native, hybrid, and HTML platforms).
- 1-2 years of design experience, preferably in a digital agency.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!