Visual Designer (Munich and Hamburg)
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
As a Fjordian, you will unite and inspire designers to create world-class work, elevate service design in the world, and change the way our clients do business by harnessing the power of service design in the products they create. You’re curious, self-motivated, and believe in the power of team play. You’re passionate about the design craft and finding simplicity in a complex world.
Visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers empathise with customers, identify their needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with interdisciplinary design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As a Visual Designer, you’ll be accountable for concepts, strategies, and visual design artefacts at the project level.
As a visual designer, you…
- Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Use visual design to tell stories and bring a narrative to life.
- Can visualise great ideas that engage and inspire clients and users.
- Ensure our work communicates clearly and is on brand.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently and give design feedback.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems, from components for digital product design to assets and styles for visual storytelling.
- Contribute to a team effort as an integral part of a cross-functional design team.
- Design mood boards, comps, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards.
- Gather deliverables into client-ready presentations.
- Translate or extend the brand identity system of our clients to their new service or digital touchpoints.
- Shape our client’s brands with the products and services we develop as a team.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Education or work experiences in visual design.
- High proficiency in German and English.
- Mastery of digital design tools like Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Education or work experiences in strategic service design is preferred.
When applying, please attach your CV and portfolio showcasing your digital work. We are interested in not only seeing your solutions but also your conceptual problem solving skills and how your visual design work has an impact on digital experiences. We ask that your CV and portfolio is in English. Applicants need to have a German work permit.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!