Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work
Web Development Lead @ Fjord
We design, develop, and deliver the world’s best software with the world’s biggest brands. We have a highly-motivated, highly-skilled engineering team, and we’re looking for excellent software engineers to help make us even better.
We have immediate openings for Web Development Leads that can help take an application from design to reality. The successful candidate combines a strong focus on product quality with the ability to work efficiently to deliver on schedule.
• Work on interesting, challenging projects that have high visibility and impact
• Collaborate with the design team, providing creative input and technical feasibility
• Communicate and collaborate with other departments on technology solutions
• Perfectly balance pragmatism and idealism when solving technical challenges and meeting deadlines
• Collaborate with development leads to define software architecture for multiple projects running in parallel
• Identify and escalate potential issues before they become issues
• Review specifications, make technical estimates, and draft technical documents for projects of all sizes
• Serve as technical point of contact for projects’ clients or product owners
• Understand and optimize performance
• Advise and mentor other Front End developers
• Help interview all levels of Front End developer candidates, evaluate them technically and for culture fit, and articulate feedback about them
• Help define best practices for coding and software design
• Help plan and deliver technical training content for the department
• Continuously suggest improvements for the development organization
• Attend, participate in, and host the various technical training activities held in the department
• 7-10+ years professional software development experience
• 5-7+ years Front End development experience
• Experience designing and coding responsive web applications for specific breakpoints (e.g. mobile, tablet and desktop) using frameworks such as bootstrap
• Build tools such as gulp, grunt, sass/less, bower, webpack, etc.
• Agile Methodologies
• RESTful web services
• Design patterns
• Object oriented design
• Prototypal Inheritance
• Asynchronous Programming
• Responsive Design
• Web Performance Optimization
• Code management using Git
• Project management tools, such as JIRA
• Has proven history of delivering large scale applications on a timeline
• Experience leading the Front End development of a sophisticated web application
• Experience working with Back End developers to define and build an API
• Has solid understanding of other platforms
• Has contributed to an open source project
• Experience with continuous integration
• Cross-browser testing and knowledge of compatibility concerns when coding for various browsers and versions
• Proficient in developing dynamic web applications including SPAs consuming REST APIs
• Ability to take a development project and start it from scratch
• Strong leader
• Expert in time management, multitasking, and task prioritization
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!